11 May, 2007

Bad karma.

It's friday again and what should appear on my desk, another brownie baked by the Rabbi's wife. Not my current Rabbi, but our childhood Rabbi. His wife bakes brownies. It's pretty random that I should be receiving brownies baked by our former Rabbi's wife, but said brownie baker does work in a non-baking capacity for our company. She just happens to bake brownies and brings them to us when she is here doing work.

My problem with her brownies is that I think they upset, no not my stomach, but my karma. Besides chocolaty goodness, I believe that her brownies are dusted with a pinch of holiness.

I'm afraid that if I eat this brownie, my karma will be shot to hell. It's happened before, and I cannot afford it to happen again today. I'm working on a photography project that will be completed, knock on wood, by Sunday. If my karma isn't balanced, something horrible could happen to my project. And if that happens, well, it won't be the end of the world, but it will be disappointing.

So, I'm going to work on my project at lunch today. We'll see how it goes. If things turn out smoothly, I will think about eating this brownie. It can't hurt my karma to just have it sit on my desk today. Oh, the temptation.

OK. It's a couple hours later now. The photography project isn't going well. There are problems. Those problems occured even though I shunned the brownie. So, I decided there was no harm in eating the brownie after all. And I must say it was a wonderful brownie. I'm not sure if it was the extra pinch of holiness or possibly a hint of hazelnut, but my it was a welcome and fulfilling treat. And, if you look at it another way, the marvelous brownie could help me drown my sorrows in the problems I'm facing with the project. It's karma coming around from the other side, basically.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I get it now... the Rabbi's wife works at the same place you do. I couldn't figure out when reading a former blog awhile ago how in the world her brownie got to your workplace. (I'm slow.) :) The brownie sounded mouth-watering. Yum!

ACF

Anonymous said...

The Rabbi's wife works for us sometimes. She's not an employee but does some printing for us. I'm not entirely sure what she does for us, but darn it all if she doesn't make the best brownies I've ever had. I think she must have some sort of a warmer in her car, because they're still warm when she comes in and shares them.