09 January, 2007

omelets

I learned something interesting about my sister yesterday. I was reading the website of the professional organization she belongs to and I found that before she had the title of vice president in this organization, she had a brief and tempestuous rule as Breakfast Czar. I have so many questions about this. First, why didn’t she ever tell the family she held a royal post? I wonder if she was too bashful. Maybe she thought we’d insist that she wear a crown and carry a sceptre. Those sceptres can get pretty heavy…from what I hear. And of course, the more people that knew about her rule, the more chances there could be riots in the streets, plots by Bolsheviks, etc. You know, my sister and I look nothing alike. Could there be some sort of mystery here? Was she descended from some royal family and then secreted away to the vast wasteland that is the Mitten, only to regain her crown for a few brief years. As she lives her life in seclusion…well not really seclusion as we recently had coffee at Starbucks…but as she lives her life in anonymity, I wonder if she misses the pomp or the parades or even the serfs that were her life while she was Breakfast Czar.

3 comments:

Willow said...

Agatestone, I have a great conspiracy theory, but I'd better keep it to myself.

:) Willow, wondering what is on her "permanent record" in Washington at the moment....

Agatestone said...

Willow, do tell about your conspiracy theory.

Willow said...

Hi, Agatestone,

I will send you my theory privately, as I would not want a bunch of ultra-right-wing conservatives finding it and flaming the heck out of your blog, or mine. :)

Willow