28 January, 2007

Sicilio-Judaica or perhaps, Judaically Sicilian.

Weird, weird dream. There was to be a wedding on the Sicilian side of the family. My dear friend the Amnesiac Concert Flautist (you know who you are…if you want a different moniker, just e-mail me) was also invited to the wedding, and as it was on the far East side of town, all the guests, including my family and the ACF, were staying at my cousin Pepi’s house.

So, the ACF and I were visiting with my relatives and all of a sudden my coworker Maria comes downstairs. She is holding one of those egg incubators we used in science class in high school. She is so excited that the chickens hatched. These were miniature chicks about the size of one’s thumb. And, thanks to Maria opening the incubator, they were infesting Pepi’s house. They were everywhere. Little fuzzy yellow baby chicks all over the floor. They were hopping and running around.

I was agitated by these developments and I think the ACF was as well. I was worried about the welfare of the chicks and I was afraid of stepping on them. Maria said she had everything under control and that the chicks would be just fine. So, we decided to go back to our side of town and just come back for the wedding at the appropriate time. On the way home, I had to stop for gas. We stopped at an Israeli gas station, complete with signage in Hebrew. This wasn’t just a gas station, this was a bazaar. A bazaar guarded by Israel Defense Forces (IDF) soldiers. There were some soldiers on guard and some sleeping on bedrolls, etc.

One could find many things at this Israeli gas station bazaar: pottery, potting soil, etc; and there was even a marketing and promotions company that was operating out of the bazaar. After the ACF and I toured the bazaar, I decided to purchase two used, pink MP3 players, priced at $99. They were in poor condition and one of them would get staticky whenever the song played the musical note “A.” The ACF did not approve of the purchase, because the one MP3 player was faulty and because of the price. But, I bought them anyway.

The dream really wrapped up with my purchase. We filled the automobile tank with gas and went back to our side of town.

Oh, as some people believe odd food can cause odd dreams, I went to a restaurant with two good friends last night, incidentally, one being the ACF's sister. I had four vegetarian grape leaves for dinner, a bite of the mushroom appetizer ordered by the ACF's sister, three chocolate chip cookies for dessert, and a cup of blueberry tea.

No comments: