23 May, 2007

Thank goodness.

Thank goodness that although the Rabbi's wife (our childhood rabbi, not current rabbi) again was working in our office, she didn't disturb my fragile existence by tempting me with the chocolate goodness that she normally shares with our department. For once, my karma stayed in balance.

Her glorious brownies, though wonderous, tend to cause havoc, and throw my karma out of whack. I'm not sure if its the hint of hazelnut or the pinch of holiness, but seriously, havoc is invariably wreaked when I acquire one of her brownies.

I think what I need to do is tip the scale in my favor. Do extra karmic credit. Then, when I'm tempted by baked goods baked by the Rabbi's wife, my karma will stay balanced. My life will not swirl out of control. I won't break, spill or bump into anything. Disasters will not ruin my day. I will be able to eat said brownies with a light heart.

No comments: