19 May, 2007

Thinking cap.

Ok readers. Please put on your thinking caps. I need some direction. I expect to have a bumper crop of grapes this year. I grow very very (I cannot stress this enough) very sweet Concord grapes. Obviously, the bunches are still small, but when they mature over the coming months, I will be swimming in grapes.

I am not a jam or jelly person. So, what else can I do with said grapes? Just to give you an idea of what they are like, they taste exactly like Sweet Tarts. I need some ideas, please.

Or, would you like some grapes to make jam for yourself. Of course, it might be kind of far to send you, the Violet Diva, grapes without them turning to raisins, but my local readers, the Amnesiac Concert Flautist, the Breakfast Czar, the Chocolate Whisperer, Willow, and Edna (gosh Edna, you've got to get yourself a nickname), well, you are more than welcome to have some to preserve.

I actually made grape preserves two years ago and never really ate them, because, as I stated before, I'm not really a jam/jelly type person.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know I'm coming in pretty late on this one, but between my hectic schedule and loss of brain cells due to my children, I only remember to read your blogs sporadically. (but I do enjoy them so)

Did you consider making wine with those grapes? I hear Concord grapes make a nice wine. Even if you don't drink wine it would make a nice gift.

Just a thought.

Anonymous said...

I would assume you would need some wine-making equipment to make wine??? I actually don't know, however. That is a good idea and I will look into it!

Thanks for the compliment, complement, or however you spell it!

Anonymous said...

Chateau del Casa di Grosso, perhaps. Vintage 2007. And yes, I realize I have just mixed French with Italian, but the name has a nice ring to it. Unfortunately, I think it translates to: House of house of Gross. It sounds better in Frentalian!

Anonymous said...

Obviously, Anonymous is actually me, Agatestone. I must have clicked the wrong identity.

Agatestone