03 February, 2007

Goat's milk and black rice

As I have nothing, absolutely nothing to write about today, I will talk about my least favorite foods. Yes, I expect this to be a boring post, but I just have nothing else in my brain to talk about. The two foods that I hate the most are black rice and goat's milk. I bought the black rice salad once at Whole Foods and it was the most horrible dish I have ever had. And, I also tried goat's milk once. It was the most horrid beverage I have ever partaken in. I will never, hopefully, ever eat black rice or drink goat's milk again. And I will try to think of something interesting to write about next time. Any ideas?

1 comment:

Willow said...

Hmm...strangely, whenever I don't have anything to write about, and I'm not writing about fictional characters, :) I tend to focus on food. Sometimes it can be interesting. I was once part of a writing group in which we had impromptu writing assignments. One assignment had us writing a a story about food--the suggestion was to write a story from our childhood.

Since I don't like to revisit that era of my life, I focused on more contemporary descriptions of food. The one that everyone really liked was my description of sipping cinnamon coffee on my balcony early in the morning while watching a thunderstorm approach.

As I write this, I am suddenly remembering Natalie Goldberg's description of her obsession with chocolate, and I am thinking that food is a much deeper subject than you might have imagined.

Willow, thinking about brownies and cinnamon