05 January, 2007

shoes

I recently discovered a smart way to save money. I suffer from SRSS (stress-related shoe shopping). In times of stress, I can spend quite a few dollars to alleviate my stress and give myself that high that one gets from purchasing the perfect pair of shoes. Well, I believe I have been cured of my SRSS thanks to downloadable music. You see, if one suffers from a bout of stress in the evening, such as hypothetically having an argument with one's aunt at 9:00 on a Tuesday night, one cannot run to the shoe department at Macy's and pick up a new pair of Liz Claiborne slides (yes, I'm looking for another pair of slides, even though I still think it is ridiculous to purchase backless shoes in the winter). But, one can download some funky Nelly Furtado tunes almost instantly, and for a fraction of what a new pair of Liz Claiborne slides would cost. The same rush one gets from a successful shopping outting can still be felt, and in the comfort of home.

2 comments:

Willow said...

I suffer from a similar disorder: DRCS (Depression Related Clothes Shopping). I once ran up a $600.00 bill at Parisian in a couple of hours. Okay, so I needed the clothes, and lots of stuff was on sale, but I decided to stay out of malls after that until the Prozac took effect.

Agatestone said...

Willow,

well, at least we're jonesing for clothes and shoes. There could be worse things to have as vices.