24 January, 2007

snow boots

Ok, so it’s snowing out and every year I have to go through emotional abuse when I mention one of my favorite things about winter. Yes, you too may think I’m a freak, but I can’t help it. Here’s my confession…I enjoy shoveling snow and I’m not embarrassed to admit it. No one I’ve ever confessed this to has said anything other that I am nutty. I don’t know how to defend myself. It’s a task I enjoy, especially late at night, when you can hear the snow fall and in the distance, you may hear the scrape of the shovel of another soul who also waited until late night to clean their driveway off. There are many household tasks I don’t enjoy. I don’t enjoy washing dishes. I do it anyway. I don’t enjoy putting away laundry. I do it anyway. But, I do enjoy shoveling snow. And tonight, late, I will be outside shoveling with my shiny, new snow shovel. I can’t wait to try it out.

3 comments:

Susan said...

I don't think you're nutty for enjoying the task of shoveling snow. I'm sure the stillness late at night is a welcome respite from a hectic day.

I'm a little more boring... I like folding warm towels straight from the dryer.

Agatestone said...

Thank you dear sister. You are the first person to not laugh at me over this. I like folding warm towels when they have been washed in fabric softener.

Amy said...

I love folding warm towels! I love the sound of snow falling late at night....minus the shoveling!