26 January, 2007

sippy cup

So, I went to my favorite Irish pub today. No, not to have a drink in the middle of the day, though G-d knows I need it sometime. But, to pick up lunch (turkey burger and fries, with the fries literally drenched in malt vinegar, by the way).

I usually wait at one end of the bar for my carryout. But, this time, I waited at the other end of the bar, and I noticed something interesting. At the end of the bar, there is a lower bar with shorter bar stools. I never noticed this before. Was this for people who were eating instead of drinking? No, I think not, because on this lower bar were crayons and magic markers. This was a training bar for children! Perhaps, while mom or dad is sitting at the regular sized bar, drinking Guinness and watching rugby on the telly, Junior can sit on a stool at the lower bar, drink root beer and do some coloring. Oh, the customers smoking in the bar will also train Junior’s lungs to be able to handle second-hand smoke, which will come in handy when he starts sitting at the regular sized bar.

Am I the only one disturbed by this?

No comments: