08 January, 2007

snow

I work in a very chic town and sometimes just don’t understand the inhabitants. So, it’s cold out today. Bone-chilling cold. I go out for lunch. I’ve got long boots on, mid-length coat, scarf, mittens…the works. I’m still freezing. The wind is whipping in my face, the snow is blowing in my eyes, and I’m grimacing, as one would do in such a situation. Well, walking down the street, coming towards me is one of those negative body fat, idle rich that we see so much around town. She’s wearing Ugg boots of course, skinny jeans and a long-sleeve shirt. No coat and her hands and head are bare. She looks perfectly poised. I don’t even think the snow was snowing on her face or hair. She has some sort of aura that repels precipitation. How do they do it? How is she not as miserable as me? Do they teach being meteorologically poised in 7th grade around here? How does one not scrunch up one’s face is disgust while being hit in the eyes with snowflakes. I need to know the secret.

3 comments:

Willow said...

Possibly all of the plastic surgeons around town add antifreeze to their collagen enhancements and Botox injections?

Just a theory.....

Anonymous said...

I agree with willow. Clearly they have so many artificial parts that they do not feel cold.

Agatestone said...

Wow, I never thought of that. You're right. It's got to be the Botox! So, they are just as miserable as me. It's just that their faces are frozen into that complacent look. It still doesn't explain why the idle rich women don't seem to get as wet as everyone else during the rain or the snow. I've seen this phenomenon in the young idle rich men, as well. They don't use umbrellas and as they're walking in the rain, they don't seem to attract any moisture.