14 January, 2007

spoon bending

So, I was sitting at Border’s, drinking a cup of tea and eavesdropping on the cell phone conversation of the woman sitting next to me. I didn’t mean to eavesdrop. She was so loud that she was talking over the Elvis Costello I had playing on my iPod. So, the lady informed whomever she was talking to that she was a psychic. Apparently, she wanted to write a book on being a psychic. I would think that it would be hard to go out in public if one was a psychic. All those people bombarding you with all those thoughts. So, I decided to test her. I wrote some things to her down in my notebook. Nothing nasty, mind you. There was no response on her part. Either she isn’t a real psychic or she was ignoring me. I guess I’ll never know.

2 comments:

Willow said...

Interesting conversation. I have to wonder about her legitimacy as a psychic. If she truly was psychic, she would not just be talking about writing a book on it, she would know exactly what she was going to write, who would publish it, how many copies it would sell, etc.

Actually, knowing the future might turn out to be quite boring (other than getting the ability to be "forwarned" about bad dating experiences and thus avoiding them. Not that I know much about that).

Agatestone said...

Well, aren't there different types of psychics? There are the types who can bend spoons and levitate sheep. There are the types who can read minds. And then there are the types who can predict the future. I don't know which flavor she was. Maybe all she could do was levitate barnyard animals.