07 March, 2007

Overzealous paper shredding techniques

So, I bought this sweater a couple of weeks ago. It fit. But, I realized, upon putting it on yesterday for the first time, that the seam digs in to my back. So, I decided to exchange it for one size up. I went yesterday to exchange it. They didn't have the size in stock but they found one in Lansing, Michigan. I said, "great, can you have them send it over." They said yes, but for 8 bucks. That is unfair, I think. So, I said, could I have store credit instead. She said, sure. She offered me 14 bucks. But, I spent 29 bucks on the sweater. I asked her why I couldn't have 29 bucks, and she said because they just marked the sweater down this morning. You may ask why I didn't show her my receipt. Well, that is because I just bought a new paper shredder. And, of course, I already shredded the receipt. So, I took the sweater home and I guess I'm going to try to stretch it in the back, so that the seam won't dig in.

Second story. After the horrible sweater incident, I crossed the street and entered my local sandwich shop. I won't tell you the name, but it rhymes with Snubflay. So, I ordered my usual...a turkey sub with extra yellow peppers. The sandwich technician was in the process of constructing my sandwich and as such, leaned forward to get the peppers I had ordered. When he did, his shirt landed on my sandwich. So, I asked him for another sandwich, because that just was disgusting. He was dragging his heels and didn't want to give me a new sandwich. I don't know what his problem was. I said, at least throw everything on the sandwich away and give me new stuff, but I should have pressed him for new bread. He just seemed so reluctant to give me new bread. So,I caved. Possibly, my bread was dirty, but the insides of the sandwich were clean.

That was a sucky day in terms of people being mean and me being spineless.
I'll do better today. I promise.

No comments: