22 March, 2007

Destination fees

This something that has bothered me for a long time, so I feel like I should share it with you, dear reader. Destinations fees for vehicles. I have been pricing cars. No, I'm not buying one today. But, I am starting to see what is out there. I found one that I like. But, the destination fee is $660 dollars. I just can't bring myself to pay $660 for a car that was built three miles from Casa Del Agatestone. They charge $660 to deliver the car to the dealership, which is directly across the street from the plant. I could ride my bike over to the plant and pick it up. Yes, this is a really cute car. But, I just don't know if I can justify spending $660 to have a car delivered probably a total of one block. I don't agree with destinations fees as a rule, but I could understand if you were in Nome, Alaska, and were having the car delivered to you. But, again, I'm three freaking miles from the plant, and the dealership is directly across the street from the plant. This is a bit of a scam, dear reader, which is why I have never been able to bring myself to purchase this particular brand of automobile.

No comments: