20 February, 2008

Street cred.

I want street cred. I want to be able to comfortably say "This is how I roll." But, I just don't have the street cred to get away with saying things like that.

Just imagine this scenario...I'm at Starbucks trying to get a Soy Cafe Americana with decaf instead of espresso. I've tried twice now and have been met with resistance. If they give me any lip and argue with me that the drink is made with espresso and espresso only, I could say, "Give me the darn drink with decaf, beyotch. Why? Because this is how I roll. Oh, and please don't forget to use soy milk."

Or, I'm at the library. I want to renew the book I took out on needlepoint. But, alas, I don't have my library card with me. I could say, "Give me the darn book, beyotch. Who cares that I don't have my card with me? I don't need to carry a darn library card. This is how I roll. Oh, would you mind giving me a bag as well. It's a tad drizzly outside."

But life doesn't work like that. And I don't actually roll like that. I can't get away with the street lingo. Oh well.

No comments: