31 October, 2007

Deep insight into my psyche.

Hello Readers,

I've been known to share with you some of my deepests thoughts, but I thought that today, I will unpeel even another layer, uncovering an even deeper thought than ever before:

I know some people live their lives with a "What would Jesus do?" philosophy. Well, my philosophy is a tad different. As long as I can remember, I have lived my life with a "What would Laura Ingalls Wilder do?" philosophy. Strange, eh? Not if you realize that I spent great chunks of my childhood reading, rereading and soaking in Laura Ingalls Wilder's novels. I also sometimes wonder how Laura would relate to certain situations if she were around today. Of course, if she were still alive, she'd be 140 years old, but then again, she was a very spry woman.

Some folks dream of embarking on a pilgrimage to Jeruselem, Mecca, or Tibet. Not me. I dream of making pilgrimages to Pepin, Wisconsin, where it all began; Walnut Grove, Minnesota, where Laura grew up; and Rocky Ridge Farm in Missouri, where Laura and Almanzo lived out their lives.

Anyway that's it for this latest installment of "Let's Examine Agatestone's Psyche."

No comments: