17 October, 2007

Names people. Names.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am entering the National Novel Writing Month contest in November as I have done for the past few years. The goal is to write a 50,000-word novel in one month. I have failed each time I have tried, but my failure hasn't discouraged me from trying again.

Currently, I am creating an outline. And for my story, I will need names. So, here is your task if you chose to accept. I need names for a female protagonist, a male antagonist, and a male hero, all from Michigan. Various townspeople from Northern Michigan. An elderly female character from Poland. And, various people in Germany and Poland. I would appreciate some submissions for names if you are so apt. I know at least one of my readers has a connection to Poland.

Thank you for your time,

Agatestone

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Female Protagonist:Amber Lance

Male Antagonist: Collin Hunter

Male Hero: Panther Scottland

Anonymous said...

Arizona

Susan said...

Names:

Rachel Martin
Cathy Stone

Jason Sills

Ben Carter

Susan said...

I might try NaNoWriMo again this year. My goal is just to finish a story

Agatestone said...

Anonymous number 1 and Susan: Where did you get these names? They could work, but I have to make sure I'm not plagarizing. And, anonymous number 1, are you the same as anonymous number 2, AKA "Arizona." Or are you someone else?

Anonymous said...

Hi, Agatestone,

I am sporting a vicious version of your headcold, so I couldn't come up with any good names. However, you may want to look at the Finnish heritage in Northern Michigan, as well as the Polish heritage downriver, for some inspiration. These cultures are alive and well, according to my sources.

Sneezily yours,

Willow

Susan said...

Hon,

I just made up the names. How could they be plagurized since I made them up?

Anonymous said...

I wasn't talking about you, my dear sister. I was talking to the first Anonymous. We know Anonymous number 2. But, I don't recognize Anonymous number one. I like those names as well, but I need to know where Anonymous number one got those names. Thanks for responding though. I really like Cathy Stone.

Agate.