13 November, 2007

Tea anyone?

Granted, I am not British. But, I have one question: Who meets for a tea at 8:30 at night? That's like having a bruncheon at 4:00 p.m, or eating omelets at midnight. It's just kooky. When I say "meets for a tea," I don't mean meeting for tea, like calling up the Amnesiac Concert Flautist and saying, "Hey ACF, let's meet for a cup of tea at Starbucks at 8:30 tonight." I mean actually having a tea party, with sweets and cakes and well, tea. Of course, there is no law against having a bruncheon in the afternoon, omelets at midnight or a tea party at 8:30. I guess I should try to be more openminded about time-displaced meals. I'll work on it. I'm sure the ladies who attended this evening tea party had a charming time. If not, at least they had cupcakes.

No comments: