07 June, 2007

Mind control.

Does anyone know of a good hypnotist? Seriously.

See, one of the symptoms of my allergies is ear ringing. The first time it happened, I rushed to the doctor, sure I was losing my hearing.

I was not going deaf, he assured me. He asked me what I had done the night before. I informed him I had been sitting outside all evening near freshly mown grass. He believed that the ear ringing was due to my obvious allergies.

So, the ringing eventually stopped but came back full force last year while I was going through an allergic period. It left yet again, but has come back this week, as I've been doing various outdoor activities and have been experiencing other allergy symptoms, including watering eyes, stuffy nose, etc.

So, here's the deal. I discoverd that my ears only ring when I think of the fact that my ears ring. So, if I could get hypnotized to never think of my ears ringing, well, I wouldn't notice that my ears were ringing. It's a sticky wicket for sure. But, it's going to be a long sneezy summer, so I have to do something proactive.

No comments: