08 September, 2007


As I know next to nothing about this turtle, besides his name, Diego, I really have nothing to say about him. We met last weekend. Here's a photo of his wife/husband/offspring/cousin, Gordon, admiring a waterlily.


Here's a closeup of Gordon, posing for the camera:


It's a little-known fact, but my cousin the Chocolate Whisperer is a closet turtleologist who could help us further explain who these turtles are. Although, after consulting wikipedia, I have learned, hopefully correctly, that turtles who live in brackish water are called terrapins. As the water surrounding Gordon's manhole cover and Diego's log was exceptionally brackish, perhaps Gordon and Diego are terrapins. Who knows? Actually, I know someone who may know, the Chocolate Whisperer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

though i can't quite tell since i can't see his profile, i believe your turtle is a red-eared slider (coincidentally that is also the kind we have at home). i am glad you are making new turtle friends :)

Agatestone said...

CW,

What about the whole "Terrapin" angle?

Agate

Anonymous said...

i am not sure if i can officially weigh in on the terrapin issue. all i know is that it is a type of turtle.

Anonymous said...

Well, I think Gordy and Diego would be more interesting if they were terrapins. And, according to Wikipedia, they are, so that's what I'm going with. I mean, Wikipedia is never wrong, right?