21 April, 2007

humor

Dear Reader,

I hope you don't mind if I get a bit personal here and let you in to Agatestone's psyche. OK. As I've said before, I really value humor. I am always attempting, sometimes unsuccessfully, to make my e-mails and other correspondence as humorous as possibly. But this week, that has not been the case. Let me give you an example. In the past, an e-mail from Agatestone might look like this:

Dear Breakfast Czar, Joke. Joke. Joke. Issue I’m writing about. Joke. Funny observation. Sign off.

But now, my e-mails are starting to resemble this pattern:

Dear Chocolate Whisperer, Potato. Potato. Potato. Issue I’m writing about, peppered with many grammar errors. Potato. Unfunny observation. Sign off.

I don’t know what’s wrong. Maybe I need to take vitamins or something. How does one activate one’s humor gene? If this keeps up, I may have to think about becoming a dramatist. Don’t get me wrong, I respect drama and writers of drama. I just don’t know how I could go on, writing about the wind on the Moors. Orphans dealing with chiding and unfriendly headmistresses. Famines, floods, and then another famine, family discord, and one’s wife getting pissed at you because you gave her jewelry to your concubine in early 1900’s China.

All those situations I like to read about, but not necessarily do I like to write about them. But, perhaps this is my fate dear reader.

No comments: