25 December, 2006

dreamy

The first dream.  So, besides my full-time work in the editorial field, my company was a world-class natural science research facility.  What this means is that the entire office had to travel to the fossil quarry in Ontario and take soil samples, look for fossils, and walk through the woods to conduct nature experiments.  I had four people on my research team: one snaggle-toothed guy who I made up in my head; a girl who I used to work with and who is really nice; and another pal from work.  My two friends were assigned each other as partners and I had to go into the woods with my partner, snaggle-toothed guy.  Since he was snaggle-toothed, his esses (s) were sibilant, meaning he sort of lisped/spitted when he talked.  So, he kept addressing me by name, which was irking me, as every time he said my name, which has an "S" in it, his spitty esses flew into my face.  I had to keep washing my face.  Surprisingly, there were quite a few faucets out in the woods!  There really wasn’t any more to the dream, except that the company stayed in a very nice hotel in Ontario.
 
Second dream.  Besides my full time work in the editorial field, my company was also an animal conservancy.  When I was done with my editorial job for the day, I had to go on to my apprenticeship.  Yes, I was learning to be a falconer!  Since I was new to the job, I was helping out training the baby falcons to come back when we released them...

2 comments:

Susan said...

Welcome to the world of blogging, hon!

Agatestone said...

Well, my thought was that there was no reason to keep all the crazy stuff in my life to myself. Why not share it.