01 December, 2007

Dream journal time.

So, in my latest dream, I'm visiting my cousin in New York. I had gone out for a walk and was returning to his apartment building. I didn't have a key so a man let me in. In the lobby was a security guard. It was Tim Meadows, who used to be on Saturday Night Live. He wanted to charge me 20 bucks to go back to my cousin's apartment. I refused. Then, I turned around and there was a shipping pallet with a flock of monkeys sitting on it. They were very sad monkeys. According to Tim, the USPS had created a new mailing system and to test it, they were mailing monkeys around the country. Apparently, this was happening all over. I was very disturbed at this turn of events. I asked Tim to let the monkeys go free and he refused. He was worried about monkey germs. So, I was planning the monkeys' escape, but then Tim said it was ok for me to go into my cousin's apartment without paying the 20 bucks; I forgot about the monkeys and went about my business. The end.

To autopsychoanalyze this dream:

1) First of all, the man playing my cousin is not in real life my cousin and does not live in New York.

2) I just read a story about "famous space monkeys" who were used to test various NASA missions.

3) Tim Meadows....well I don't know why I was dreaming about him. I bet I read his name somewhere this week.

I'm sure there's a deeper meaning to this dream. I just have to ponder it for a while.

No comments: